Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Easy Vegan Soy Yogurt

Hey Friends!

I love soy yogurt.  I eat it topped with berries, I eat it in my granola, I eat it atop a spicy curry, I eat it when I'm in a hurry, I would eat it in a boat, I would eat it with a goat. . . you get the idea.  I'll tell ya one thing I don't love about soy yogurt:  It is expensive.  Today I would like to share with you a super simple recipe for soy yogurt that I whipped up the other day for brekkie.  ATM wasn't a fan, but I think she was turned off by the 'soy-ish' flavour.  Wussie.   

NOTE:  Technically, this isn't really a true 'yogurt' in the sense that it isn't cultured.  I don't see why you couldn't just stir in the contents of a pro-biotic capsule or two?  Would that be weird?  If any of you cats try it, let me know how it turns out!  


Easy Vegan Soy Yogurt
Ingredients:
- 2 454g pkgs silken tofu
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (add an extra tbsp if you like it sweet, sweetie!)
- juice of 1 lemon (and zest if you wanna amp up the lemon flavour!)
- pinch salt

Put all ingredients into a blender.  Blend until silky smooth.  You can also use an immersion blender.  Put into a glass or plastic container with a lid and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour to chill out.  

Hey!  Why not try these variations???
-Omit the agave and add 2 tbsp of your favorite fruit preserves

-Add 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder

- Replace the agave with maple syrup and add a sprinkle of cinnamon

- Replace the lemon juice with lime juice and add lime zest and toasted, unsweetened coconut


Happy noshing <3

XOXO

Vivacious Vegan
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment