Hey Babes <3
Today I would like to share a recipe with you that blew my mind! Thanks to some inspiration from Bon Appetit magazine, I dared to prepare a beautiful Summer vegetable in a way I had never dreamed and honey, I am HOOKED! I have only ever eaten cucumbers in their raw form, and while I love them just the way they are, cooking cukes takes them to a whole new level of amazing. In this Thai dish, they are tender, juicy, and still retain their 'coolness' amidst a spicy, creamy coconut sauce. This recipe should serve four, but ATM and I managed to gobble up the entire batch, little piggies that we are. . . without further ado, here come the eats!
Cucumbers in Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 large English cucumber, washed, peeled, and sliced into 1/4" slices
- 2 Thai chiles, thinly sliced, make sure you wash your hands immediately after handling chiles!!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, divide the white parts from the green parts in two piles
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- a large handful of cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the cucumber and saute for a minute or two. Sprinkle with S&P. Add the chiles, tomatoes, white parts of the scallions, and garlic and cook until the veggies get all tender.
Add the coconut milk and agave syrup and simmer for five minutes or so, until the cucumbers are soft. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice and season with S&P to taste.
Serve over basmati rice and enjoy!